Because in 2015 the legendary Malevich’s «Black Square» turned 100 years.
Because it marked the beginning of the second century after the fateful «zeroing» the history of world art.
But now 100th anniversary of the legendary Malevich’s «Black Square» - it's chance at least once to define in Lviv's public space art-anniversary,
which silently disappeared in the next Ukrainian tragic events of February.
So, black is not dominated in exhibition, but active presented.
And there is not only squares, although there enough squares.
What is connecting all authors? Experiment, desire to go beyond, to try the limit, to recreate feeling idea...
The exhibition on the brink of winter/spring presents the classics/youth/artists-men and women.
There is opportunity to see:
- ironic polemic with the academic discourse by Andrew Sagaydakovsky;
– conceptual photo/videoexperiments by Andrew Boyarow;
– elegant monochromatic abstraction by Igor Yanovych;
– 3D-«lace» (but this time it is not Vitinanka) by Olena Turyanska;
– flower turbulence by Antonyna Denysyuk;
– masterly ornamentation by Galyna Zhegulska and Oksana Andrushchenko;
– «transparent» still lifes by Tereza Barabash;
– fixed photomoments by Marta Shvets, Maryijka Goyin, Michael Frantsuzov and Oleksandr Shamov;
– gloomy romance by Volodymyr Topij;
– textile abstractions by WoodlogOK group (Yshtvan Kus, Karyna Arutyunyan).